When will you support Minecraft PE 0.15?
Short answer: It’s complicated and we don’t know.
Long answer: Minecraft PE 0.15 is much different than previous versions when it comes to multiplayer connections. The new version uses encryption to make connections more secure and to prevent unauthorized access. At this point, we are not sure if Minebot is considered authorized or not and are investigating further.
Since there is a real possibility that Minebot may never work with Minecraft 0.15, we have removed it from the App Store and the paid section of Google Play.
We are as bummed out by this development as you are. We thank you for your support. Please stay tuned for more information.
WHY WHY WHY! Does Minebot need to go to Sleep?
With Minebot 0.5.4 for iOS, you now have the option to enable Minebot to continue running and not fall asleep. To do this, switch on Background Audio as shown below:
- Tap on the block in the lower left corner of the screen
- In the popup, flip the Background Audio switch to on.
Why Does Minebot Lag Out and disconnect?
This problem is typically the result of trying to run Minebot and Minecraft at the same time on a device that does not have enough memory. Try running Minecraft on one device and Minebot on another device.
How does Minebot work in Minecraft?
This documentation describes it in detail.
Does Minebot work on the iPad 2 or iPhone 4?
Older devices do not have enough resources to run Minebot and Minecraft at the same time. However, you can run Minebot on an iPhone 4 or iPad 2 and use it to connect to another device running Minecraft.
I’m having trouble getting it to connect. What do I do?
Start with this checklist:
- Minebot currently works with Minecraft 0.13.0 through 0.14.3. On Android, Minecraft 0.14 support is a separate app.
- Open a world in Minecraft.
- If you are running Minecraft on a different device, make sure both devices are connected to the same WiFi network
- Make sure Minecraft has the network game options enabled like this:
If all else fails, try restarting Minecraft by double clicking the home button and swiping Minecraft away.